Food for Life Nutrition & Cooking Classes: Cancer Prevention
Easy, delicious, full-flavor cooking that’s good for you!
Research suggests that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans can help us prevent and survive cancer. Plant-based meals are also powerful allies for fighting Diabetes and Heart Disease.
Thinking of food as a medicine is a simple, delicious way to put yourself on the road to good health and to maintain a healthy weight.
- Learn about the latest nutrition and cancer research
- Discover simple-and-effective ways to incorporate healthy eating into your busy life.
- Learn how the New Four Food Groups can improve your quality of life.
- Meet others touched by cancer
- Find out about antioxidants, phytochemicals, and other cancer-fighting compounds
- Learn to cook healthy and delicious plant-based dishes.
This Spring’s Class
New Leaf Community Market, Westside - 1101 Fair Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA
- Four Tuesdays starting April 26, 2011
- 6 - 8 PM
- 4 classes / ($250 value) only $90
- Download flyer (pdf)
- Register online or call Sandi at 831-325-3811
Space is limited, so register today!
- online: www.cancerproject.org/classes
- phone: call Sandi at 831-325-3811
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
— Thomas A Edison, 1877
- short DVD presentations
- live food demos
- plenty of sampling
- support throughout the course
- in-class and on-line resources